Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Question of Ownership

I have a laptop, but it's not mine.

I'm at the rink while Eli 15.10 is working out with his trainer.  It's an hour workout.

That's the perfect length of time to write about President, General, Spy. I was looking forward to an hour of uninterrupted concentration.

Then Microsoft started installing f-ing updates. Not downloading, just installing.

Twenty-seven minutes later, they were done.

I'm not kidding when I say that I spend more time installing updates on this laptop than actually using it for something. It's just an update kiosk, basically.

Oh, and then there are the Dell updates.

The perfect PC for Microsoft: a computer that will only install updates and allow purchases. No actual productivity is allowed, because while you're producing, you can't be buying.

After I get home, I'll try to write up the PGS post.

Site Meter